Search As I Lay Reading

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Welcome to the Hellmouth!



Hello, and welcome to As I Lay Reading! I am O'Hara, vampire-slayer, book-lover and blog-writer extraordinaire, and I will be presiding over this, my latest blog. I started my first blog, O'Hara's Book Reviews, a couple of years ago in order to keep track of the books I was reading and what I thought of them. I love online review sites, so I was eager to make one of my own. Writing the blog has been fun, and it's a great way to really focus your attention on what you're reading, and to identify what you like or don't like about a particular book.

But as time went on, I realized that my little book review blog wasn't--well, it wasn't as much fun as I had hoped it would be. I have fun writing it, but my reviews were becoming kind of stuffy. Even a bit pretentious. I realized that I kind of wanted two things: I wanted to write neat capsule reviews of the books I had completed and at the same time I wanted a blog blog where I could post up-to-date reactions, predictions, thoughts, opinions, pet peeves, stupid ideas and miscellaneous stuff.

So I decided to run two blogs! This one is the fun one. I will keep putting reviews on my first site, but I'll blog about all the good stuff on this one, including ongoing commentary on books as I read them. Be warned, though: my stream of consciousness is weird. Not much I can do about it, though.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment